Understanding the purpose of billboard advertising
The purpose of billboard advertising is to interrupt and engage with as many potential customers as possible. It is designed to create awareness and impact to a mass, target demographic.
Billboard advertising can generate more enquiries for a business. This will in turn increase sales and return on investment for them.
The purpose of billboard advertising when situated on main arterial roads and highly populated areas is to make sure that as many people see your advertisement as possible.
There are many benefits to outdoor advertising, these include:
• Constant exposure 24 hours a day, 7 days a week which will engage with a diverse market.
• Billboards are the most cost effective form of advertising in the market place.
• New technology, such as digital billboards offer flexibility with easy copy changes
• Billboard advertising offers flexibility so your message can be placed in an exact location in order to engage with a target demographic.
The purpose of great advert design
Billboard advertising is visual storytelling. An effective advert gains the consumers attention and creates a lasting impression, so the person thinks about the advert after they have driven past the advertisement.
Tips for creating an effective billboard ad
- Product recognition – Your message and product should be identified quickly.
- Less text – Your billboard ad should be short and sweet. Stick to 10 words or less.
- Simple fonts – An advert should be easy to read from a distance, and while the person is moving.
- Images – Your image should convey the meaning, so make sure its striking and impactful.
- Bold Colours – Your design should separate well from its surroundings.
- Background – The background should be simple and not interfere with the message.
- Less Is More – Focused ads deliver more impact.
We hope that you have been able to understand the purpose of billboard advertising and how it works really well when the advert is designed correctly. Please feel free to get in touch to talk about your campaign.