- Unlike print, radio and TV, billboard advertising cannot be turned off or put down, they’re always delivering 24/7.
- Due to the high impact it engages with potential customers like no other forms of advertising can.
- One of the most cost-effective mediums of advertising.
- Increases brand awareness and strong name recognition.
- Used with colourful, creative and eye-catching ads it will have a massive impact.
- Reaches out to millions of people on a daily basis.
- Targets a specific audience according to location avoiding wasteage.
- Adverts will not be lost in the mix of competitors and editorials due to solus advertising.
- Messages are delivered continuously and frequently.
- Directs potential customers to your place of business.
The billboard advertising booking process
Booking billboard advertising in the UK can seem like a daunting process, especially for businesses who haven’t used this format before. Believe it or not it is so easy and can be achieved with these 5 easy steps:-
- Pick your locations based on who you want to target.
- Check availability and costs of the locations.
- Design of your advert to ensure that you reach your target audience
- Printing of your posters
- Poster fixing
Lets take a look at these in greater detail:-
1.Pick your locations based on who you want to target
You start by establishing who your target audience is and where the right billboard advertising locations are in order to engage with them. This is a sure way to success.
You may want to advertise close to your business so you can signpost potential customers to your showroom.
2. Check availability and costs of the locations
Once the right locations have been established, We will then check the available periods and put together a cost effective package for you.
Showcase Outdoor are a family run, independent billboard advertising company who are not restricted by rate cards so we are able to offer discounted package deals for multiple locations or longer term bookings.
3. Design of your advert to ensure that you reach your target audience
You’ve booked the space, So don’t waste it. You will need to ensure that your message relates to the people that you want to see it.
Our creative team will make sure that your advert will be created correctly in order to meet and engage with your desired audience.
If you have your own designer we will provide artwork specifications and advice for them to work from. There are also so great tips on creating an effective billboard advert.
4. Printing of your posters
Once you are 100% happy with the final design of your advert we will send it to printers. If you prefer to use your own printer just get them to deliver it to our depot.
5. Poster fixing
Our in house posting fixing team will place your advert to the billboard. This will be done correctly with no peeling sections and correctly joined.
You often see peeling posters on national outdoor providers billboards, this doesn’t happen with us as we use higher quality poster material along with thick paste to ensure that your advert remains in place for the duration of your campaign.
What can i expect to pay for billboard advertising in my area?
Billboard advertising costs can vary throughout the UK. These would mainly be due to the size and location of the billboard.
Normally the standard costs for billboard advertising can be between £250-£400 for 2 weeks. With Showcase Outdoor this cost would include the poster production and fixing.
Finding out about billboard advertising availability
Seen a location in the UK that would be perfect for your business, message, brand or event?
Want to know the billboard advertising availability for it?
Please get in touch today to discuss the billboard advertising availability, costs and booking process or search through our online mapping system
98% of people in the UK see outdoor advertising every week
This is why billboard advertising is more cost effective than any other advertising format to engage with a large audience. It is now more affordable for local companies than ever.
How long should I book billboard advertising for?
Businesses should look at booking a billboard based on your their marketing objectives. This could be based on your budget and reasons as to who to want to engage customers.
- Promoting a new product, a one off sale, open day or event.
- Trying to raise your profile and brand awareness within your area.
Long term bookings campaigns tend to be more effective. It is proven that customers who are exposed to billboard advertising advertising are 17% more likely to engage with brands. When the same consumer drives past your advert multiple times throughout the day, imagine the results that your would get from repeat exposure.
A two week campaign on multiple locations can be just as effective. You might just want to run a high impact campaign to drive a boost in sales or promote an event or open day.
What are the benefits and billboard advertising costs for booking long term?
There are so many benefits of booking a billboard long term. These include discounted costs and adding prestige to your business.
Businesses reduce the cost of billboard advertising by booking long term. Not only do they secure the space for a longer period, they will also have the potential to produce a greater return on investment through long term visibility.
Prominent locations tend to get booked up quickly so contact us as soon as you see the perfect billboard advertising location for your business..
The most popular billboard advertising sizes
Below we take a look at some of the most popular billboard advertising sizes that are favoured by local businesses and big, national brands.
6 sheet billboard advertising will deliver your message into towns and local communities throughout in highly pedestrianised areas. These are specifically located to reach a vehicular and pedestrian audience and impact shoppers at point of sale to alter purchasing decisions.
6 sheet sizes:-
- 1.8 metres x 1.2metres
- 47.24 inches x 70.87 inches
48 sheet billboard
48 sheet billboard advertising is 20ft x 10ft in size. The most popular large outdoor advertising format that is preferred by national brands and businesses within the local area. Due to the size of a 48 sheet it creates a high impact which can be viewed from extended distances.
They are seen near busy roadsides, high traffic count areas, main arterial roads and densely populated areas.
Our portfolio of 48 sheet billboards have the capacity to put your brand and business in the centre of Towns and Cities. They can offer a cost effective coverage throughout a large area.
48 sheet sizes:-
- 20 foot x 10 foot
- 6 metres x 3 metres
- 240 inches x 120 inches
96 sheet billboard
A 96 sheet billboard advertising poster is 40ft x 10ft in size. It is the largest outdoor advertising display intended for viewing from a distance and twice the size of a 48 sheet, The 96 sheet is perfect for building brand fame within the local area whilst adding prestige and notoriety.
This size has a massive impact amongst the urban landscape and are often found near main arterial roads and high traffic areas.
96 sheet sizes:-
- 40 foot x 10 foot
- 12 metres x 3 metres
- 480 inches x 120 inches
Billboard advertising V’s Radio
- 61% of UK adults do not listen to any Commercial Radio stations BUT…. 98% of UK adults will see outdoor advertising every week.
- 20% of UK adults do not listen to any form of Radio
- 42% of UK adults do not notice the ads on the Radio
- 57% of UK adults who have seen Bus advertising do not listen to Commercial Radio
- You can’t turn billboard advertising off, they deliver your message 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, but you can switch Radio stations over or switch them off
Why should you choose billboard advertising over bus advertising
Disadvantages of bus advertising
- Advertising space is so small on a back of a bus and your advertising message is limited.
- Adverts on the sides of buses tend to not face head on to people. This would be difficult for the consumer to read.
- Movement – By the time you try to read the whole advertising message the bus has pulled off and is long gone. It’s really difficult to read an advert whilst a bus is moving.
- If your advert is on a shabby looking bus, The prestige of your brand will be diminished in the consumers eyes.
Advantages of billboard advertising
- Unlike bus, billboard advertising delivers your advertising message 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- A billboard adds prestige and notoriety to your business due to the size and impact.
- Billboard advertising can offer exact locations and target your key demographic.
- Unlike bus, Billboard advertising faces head on to consumers making your message easier to digest.
- A much larger advertising space than bus so you can portray you business and brand to its fullest.
- A static location placed in front of stationary vehicles.
Billboard advertising V’s Newspapers
Newspapers rely on readership and circulation figures. Local newspapers and most publications tend to have a circulation of around 30,000 but these figures are dropping rapidly year on year.
Most print publications promote high distribution figures to try and sell you advertising without the stats to prove it, Like ABC (Audit Bureau of circulation). They fabricate their print run.
This cannot be said for billboard advertising, people are spending more time “out of home” and due to this, engagements with outdoor adverting is always on the increase. It offers brands and businesses exclusivity along with maximum exposure.
71% of Consumers look at billboard advertising messages
98% of us in the UK see billboard advertising or an outdoor advert every week. 68% of consumers frequently make purchasing decisions while in the car.
Showcase Outdoor’s billboard advertising network
Showcase Outdoor are the largest independent outdoor advertising company along the South. Our billboard advertising locations are situated on all major arterial roads into and out of Towns and Cities. All billboard face head on to oncoming traffic to ensure the high impact engagement by consumers.
Areas that we cover:-
Plus many more billboard advertising locations