Billboard advertising statistics
For decades billboard advertising has been one of the leading and most effective ways to promote your business to a massive, relevant audience. If you are new and thinking of using this format for the first time, we have put together some billboard advertising statistics for you to get a better understanding of the industry.
Billboard advertising statistics that you need to know:
- Television is the best source of advertising in the world, which tends to reach around 94% of the population of first-world nations, The only problem is that it is so expensive.
- The second best format is outdoor advertising, which reaches out to 98% of the UK population.
- Research shows that there are 53% more cars on the road today than there were 30 years ago, Which means more consumers are seeing billboard advertising today than ever.
- With the right location(s) you can engage with 87% of the people within your local area.
- Billboard advertising works for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
When you look at these billboard advertising statistics, you will notice that billboards are seen by a massive amount of people which also makes it one of the most cost effective forms of advertising in the marketplace.
Billboards are on average:
- 80% cheaper then advertising on television.
- 50% cheaper than newspaper and magazine print adverts
- 60% cheaper than short radio advertisement spots.
When you look at these figures, billboard advertising proves it is a smart and financially savvy place to put your marketing spend.
Reach a large, local audience
Billboard advertising statistics to remember when promoting your business to potential customers in the local area:
61% of people in your local area never listen to commercial radio
79% of people in your area never read the local newspaper
87% of people in your area will see outdoor advertising this week
I hope these billboard advertising statistics have given you an insight into outdoor, If you would like to know more, please get in touch and we would be happy to talk you through the process