Why outdoor advertising and billboards?
10 benefits of billboard advertising
- Unlike TV, radio or print, billboards cannot be turned off or put down, they’re always on 24/7.
- Grabs the attention of potential customers like no other form of advertising can.
- One of the most cost-effective mediums of advertising.
- Brand awareness and strong name recognition.
- Colourful, creative and eye-catching ads have more impact.
- Reaches out to thousands of people on a daily basis.
- Targets a specific audience according to location.
- Ads are not lost in the mix of competitors and editorials.
- Messages are delivered continuously and frequently.
- Directs potential clients and customers to your place of business.
Things to remember when planning your next advertising campaign in the local area
- 79% of people never read the local Newspaper
- 61% of people never listen to commercial Radio
- 87% of people will see Outdoor advertising this week
The Value of People on the Move
People who spend time out of home will engage with outdoor advertising and are more likely to:
Be adventurous and try new products they’ve seen advertised.
Shop spontaneously and impulsively.
Be at their most alert, active and enquiring.
Adverts Seen in the Last Month
Below is a graph showing adverts that have either been seen or heard by people in the last month. As you can see, more than 7 out of 10 people remember seeing an outdoor advert.
Television is above outdoor but not as cost effective and has a lot more wasteage. Outdoor does not interrupt or invade peoples privacy like all of the other forms of advertising in the graph. Out of home advertising is welcomed and preferred to all other forms of advertising. It reaches out to people when they are in a buying frame of mind.
In Summary…….. Advertising that is welcomed, relevant and unavoidable yet unintrusive has to be money well spent.
In these modern times, people are progressively spending more and more time out of home. Outdoor advertising offers the perfect solution to reach and engage your core customers as they move around your local area. Target shoppers, commuters, tourists, students and residents as they go about their everyday life.